There are numerous concrete saws available on the market nowadays. However, there are different types, and sizes of a concrete saw. The most typical concrete saw is the hand-held concrete saws because of the affordability and excellent performance that fits for concrete cutting jobs.
Most concrete saw in Australia run with the combination of oil and gas. However, on the other hand, some professional business prefer to utilise heavy duty concrete saws that are powered by hydraulics. Ideally, you should use the hand-held saws if you are having some house renovations or other easy work, instead of hydraulic powered saws that are mainly created for doing heavy tasks and tend to be a lot more expensive
Consider the following if you are looking to use the concrete saw for the first time:
- First, ensure that you have all the proper safety equipment before operating a concrete saw. If you are working in an enclosed area, use a concrete dust extractor to prevent inhalation of solid dust particles which can be hazardous to your health.
- make a guide using chalk to make sure tidy and straight cuts. Also to keep the blades from binding while you are cutting the concrete. However, ensure the pavement that you will cut does not have any wet surface area if it’s wet or covered with water attempt to dry it up first. However, if it leaves you no option, make sure you are utilising a Diamond Blade Technology to avoid having rust on your blade.
- Check the gas and oil level — in many cases; the saw will have fuel and two-cycle oil mixture. Follow the handbook or a guidebook provided by the maker when adding fuel to saw. Always remember to wear safety goggles, gloves, dust mask, steel toe boots, ear defence and other safety tools.
- Place the concrete saw on the ground with its blade facing away from you and turn the on/off switch to the “on” position. While some saws have featured a primer button, when pressed, will make the concrete saw start quickly. Then turn the throttle control knob to choke position.
- Hold the saw securely parallel ground then hold the saw handle with one hand, and drag the cord with the opposite side. When the saw starts, position the choke into “start/run” position.
- While holding the saw securely comprehend the throttle control using your fingers to make the saw to its complete power. Let the blade to gently sink to the concrete where the line was snapped, make sure that the edge of the saw will strike the mark or the line equally. Turning the saw to cutting procedure might cause the blade to warp, bind or perhaps break, which can cause significant injury. So much better beware, follow the guides and utilise high quality & reliable tools when performing some cuttings.
- Move on and always hold the saw with both hands while making precise cuts. You might need to lower or raise the blades so that it cuts through the concrete smoothly and efficiently.
There you go! We hope this guide proves helpful in operating concrete saw safely and effectively.